Our Experience Manager is at the heart of what we do. You will not only be leading the facilitation team into delivering our Experiential Education programs to their best potential, but you will also be behind the scenes a lot.
That means overseeing and coordinating across all components of delivery and related operations. From mentoring facilitators to client relations and ensuring operating procedures, no two days are the same!
Below you will find a detailed list of what is involved in being a KFAC Experience Manager.
- Overview and understanding of long-term purpose, goals and strategy (see development pathways)
- Understanding of organisation cycles and projects
- Enable continuous improvement to product delivery by ensuring client and staff feedback is captured and communicated to the rest of the organisation, particularly business development team.
- Action unplanned grounds, equipment, and maintenance needs if material risk or business impact.
- Lead and coordinate new and current staff training & mentoring.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the programs, including overseeing safety management systems and program evolutions.
- Specific staff mentoring Relationships.
- Ensure delivery of operational and logistical aspects meet client expectation.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to assure successful delivery of programs:
- Provide management and leadership for the facilitation team, coordinating both internal and external communications, allocating resources and managing unforeseen to-do items.
- Ensure program information is effectively and accurately communicated between departments via staff meetings and systems.
- Reach high levels of policy and procedure compliance through organisation motivation.
- Coordinate program delivery, otherwise, provide support to program staff (particularly program director) throughout the programs.
Develop management competencies in one of the Organisation Management Roles. These specialisations will range from 6-12 months:
- People Management Experience; HR/ People and Culture, Staffing
- Training and Mentoring, Coordinate, and foster staff development
- Stakeholder Relationship Management via Business Development
- Research and Development/ Production Development/ New Journey Reccy’s
- Site Management
- Also involved in other various Projects for example: Odoo, First Aid Course, SOP Reviews
Attitude we are looking for
- A heart for positive change and growth
- Someone who lives for the outdoors
- Someone who enjoys working in a team and taking on a leadership role
- Someone who thrives in social settings
- Have strong intention to help make in the organisation successful
Nice to have
- Heavy Rigid and Manual Driving Licence (or willing to obtain)
- Challenge Ropes Conduct or Supervise Certificate
- Relevant Cert IV/Diploma/Degree (completed or in progress)
- Experience of delivery in our organisation (JDP & KFAC)
What's great about working with us.
- Gelling with an amazing crew that feels like home.
- Being in and around nature all the time.
- Working with a team who love what they do.
- Going on adventures every day.
- Only 60min from Melbourne CBD
Above award rates
Overnight rates when on-call
Skill Qualification based pay scaling - Personal Development Is beefing up the brain and the bank account!
Learning on the Job
Annual paid staff training
Plenty of opportunities for personal development, further training and mentoring
Connect with People
Meet like-minded people amongst your fellow crew. and enjoy multiple fun staff functions throughout the year, as well as regular Friday afternoon crew-hangs after a big week!
Eat. Sleep. Get outdoors. Repeat.
All meals and accomodation provided by us while you're working.
And our food is YUM, we promise!